I get what it’s like to feel like your body is failing you and be worried about health.
To wonder why in the world is going on.
You feel like you have been trying everything and nothing is working.
I know what it feels like to get a scary diagnosis, to be lost about what to do when your body is not in a good place. To even feel scared about what’s going on.
You can get lost in the constant research. Trying to find the right person to see that can help you. Trying everything you were told could help. So much testing. So much money going into finding a solution.
You can get lost in the fear. Feeling powerless, like nothing is changing.
I’ve been there. And there are some things you need to know.
Don’t Do This When Worried About Health
We will all face some sort of health issue throughout our life. Don’t feel shame when one comes up. Life happens and sometimes can get your body off balance. I don’t you to feel bad about having an issue, I do want you to feel empowered that you can do something about it.
My body has been in a bad place plenty of times because of life events. I’ve dealt with infertility, hypothalamic amenorrhea, cystic ance, crippling anxiety, miscarriage, constant bedding, horrific trauma, hormones completely out of whack, uterus lining abnormalities. . . .
Here is what I see people do when they have a health issue:
- Research the heck out of the symptoms and get really freaked out about what was going on.
- Fall into fear, constantly thinking about what is going on, why it is going on, and what to do about it
- Spending a lot of time and a lot of money going from practitioner to practitioner and doing/taking anything they think will help.
- They let someone else label them and tell them what’s going on and what’s possible
- They spend more time searching/testing than healing
Remember this, it doesn’t matter what’s wrong, it matters what is blocking your body from being able to heal it. When clients come to me, I am actually not that interested in their ‘diagnosis’. I am more interested in the toxicities and deficiencies in their body, soul, and spirit.
Personally I have spent thousands of dollars on testing every substance you can imagine that could come out of my body, literally. Not pretty. And sure, that money told me everything that was wrong with my body, but it didn’t help treat it. So really, I like to put my money towards healing treatments rather than tests.
When you support the healing systems of the body and remove what is blocking them, the body can heal from anything. So again, it really doesn’t matter exactly what’s wrong, it is more about supporting your body to make anything heal.
Stop researching. Take a few slow breathes. Release the tension in your forehead and shoulders. You have already activated the healing response.
Your body responds to your internal and external environment so if you keep giving it the same inputs, it will keep giving you the same outputs.
Do This Instead
Remember: You are EMPOWERED
- Your body is constantly renewing and changing
- Your body can rejuvenate and heal, fast.
- There is no ‘diagnosis’ that can’t be overcome.
- You affect your health more than anyone can.
- Your biology responds to your internal environment: beliefs/perceptions/thoughts – use that to your advantage instead of death.
- Your biology responds to your external environment: the food you give it and the products you put on it.
- You don’t need to be ‘fixed’. Your body is giving a few signals that a few changes need to be made. But those changes will be for your good – to make you happier, healthier, and more influential than before.
- Your mind and the word of God are so powerful, change can happen in an instant.
- Believe you can heal. Believe the best is yet to come in your health. Believe God will give you the wisdom about what to do.
- You can change your genes. Your hormones. Your neurotransmitters.
- Be the example of what’s possible.
- The past has nothing to do with your future.
Remember: You Need to Treat all three parts of you
When something is going on with your body, you can’t just address your body because you are not just a body.
You are a spirit, you have a soul (mind will and emotions) and you live in a body.
You have 3 parts so you have to address all three parts. Each part directly affects the other so nothing is more effective than addressing each part when looking at any issue.
Even if the issue just looks like a ‘physical’ body issue, it rarely ever is.
That’s what’s missing in health care. Traditional and Alternative. They are just looking at and treating the body.
If you want true healing, you want to see someone that can treat all three parts. Just doing a protocol for the body will get you 1/3 of the way healed.
I used to just test and treat the body with food and supplements and realized that’s just part of it, it’s an important part, but it’s not the only thing you need to do.
Each issue you face has a physical, mental/emotional, and spiritual component to it. From physical pain to fatigue to anxiety, hormone or digestive imbalance to any disease or disorder.
Don’t just treat 1/3 of yourself. Don’t just focus on the physical. Don’t just focus on the mental/emotional. Don’t just focus on the Spiritual. Do it all and miraculous things start to take place. That looks like exploring, what’s going on in my physical body that is contributing to this issue? What’s going on in my mental and emotional life that is contributing to this issue? What’s going on in my spiritual life that is contributing to this issue? It will be a combination of things, there is rarely ever just one cause as to why an imbalance occurred.
Remember: Do the healing protocol
A healing protocol isn’t complete if it doesn’t address all of you. You need a protocol for your body, soul, and spirit. Whenever I am experiencing symptoms, I begin to examine each part of myself and step up the nourishment in all areas.
- nutrition therapy
- earth / sun
Your body will respond to your external environment. What you eat, what you put on it, how you move it, what you are exposed to, and what you do to clean it up.
Detox: Any physical or mental/emotional issue is a good sign the body is seeking some love. It’s seeking to have some of the toxic burdens to be lifted so it can run how it’s designed to run. It doesn’t mean you have to go do anything drastic, it means to incorporate some daily detox practices.
- Consume Organic whole fruits, vegetables, essential fatty acids, clean proteins, and sprouted grains, seeds, and nuts.
- Avoid: Processed food, fast food, non-organic meat, factory-farmed fish, vegetable oils, processed sugar
- Use natural personal care and cleaning products
- Hot/Cold Therapy: Using an infrared sauna and take a cold shower as often as you can
- Clean water with minerals/electrolytes/apple cider vinegar
- Dry Brush
- Deep Breathe
Flood your body with nutrients:
Your body needs an abundance of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and amino acids so it can create all of the hormones and chemicals it needs to create in the proper way. If you don’t give your body the right building blocks, it can’t build a good body. I notice when most people are having a health issue, they are also dealing with some issues around food. Restricting, binging, dieting, eating too much, or not eating enough. Once we start really nourishing the body, the body response so well.
Eat with pleasure!
Even if you are eating all of the most amazing organic food but you are eating it fast, stressed, worried, out of guilt or not enjoying it, then you won’t digest or absorb the nutrients. If you eat slowly and with pleasure then your body can actually absorb nutrients from what you are eating which you are deficient in that may be causing problems. Eating slow and with pleasure is as important as what you are eating.
Move Every Day:
Movement and alignment are key pillars in producing and balancing all chemical reactions in the body. Focusing on moving throughout the day is vital. Find what you love and do some kind of movement every single day and if you sit all day, make sure to get up every 30 minutes.
Outside sun and grounding
Get outside in the sun and feet on the ground for at least 15-20min a day. CRITICAL. That sounds dramatic, but it’s so healing and few are actually doing it. Grounding and the hormones the sun gives you are the most balancing, anti-inflammatory, healing things you can do. If it is winter, grounding mats and a d3/k2 supplement are needed.
Sleep – get enough of it. More importantly, get quality sleep. You can read my top sleep tips here.
Daily supplements with the intention
Take a few key therapeutic supplements and when you do, they must be taken with intention. Meaning, pausing to breathe and think about what that supplement is going to do for you. It’s important to give your body the nutrients it needs so it can make the hormones it is supposed to make in the right ratios.
A few of my favorite therapeutic supplements that I find almost anyone needs are:
- Hypertonic Minerals
- D3/k2, magnesium, C
You can look at my online dispensary with my favorite professional-grade therapeutic supplements all in one place here if you are interested. I can also add you as a patient so you can go on and order your own supplements at any time. Ones you can only get through a practitioner.
Spend your money on healing treatments rather than tests!
These healing modalities are incredible at removing any blocks that may be in your system and helping it return to balance. Instead of seeing even more practitioners and dropping $300 an hour, I put that money towards these, and it was beyond worth it.
- hyperbaric oxygen chambers
- infrared sauna
- EMDR/Energy Psychology sessions
Soul (mind, will, emotions)
Your body also responds to its internal environment.
When dealing with a health issue, it’s easy to fall into
- fear: worrying about what will happen, worrying about what to do
- victim: I have no part in what is happening in my body. I need someone else to fix it. I need someone to tell me what is going on. Why is this happening to me?! I feel so terrible. I don’t know what to do. I am doing everything ‘right’ and it’s not working!
I get it, I really do. But those two emotional states could be the very things that could be blocking healing.
Your body has a biochemical reaction to every thought. Your hypothalamus takes in the thought and then tells the adrenal glands what to make. For example, when it could be making progesterone, if you keep having the fearful thoughts it makes cortisol instead, it’s called the progesterone steal. That is then followed by every other hormone being thrown off.
Thoughts weaken or strengthen the immune system.
Thoughts put you in a parasympathetic or sympathetic state.
Knowing this, if we can intentionally generate thoughts and emotions instead of living off the default ones that are coming up (that are not helpful) then we can use our mind and emotions to help heal our body.
What are the toxicities that could be going on in your soul?
- Too much time on the phone and social media?
- Envy, unforgiveness, offense, fear, bitterness
- Constant stimulation
- Habitual negative thought-loop patterns
- Mind in future or past all of the time
What are some deficiencies?
- Time in the Word
- Time in stillness
- Time outside
- Time in prayer
Some helpful Soul Tips:
- Get the heck off social media and technology: At least have strong boundaries around it. From all levels, being tied to the phone almost all of the time creates imbalance energetically in your physical body. And absolutely I find it is almost always the main cause of huge mental and emotional issues.
- Any health issue you have going on is a call for stillness. To allow your body to let go. To listen to what God is saying you could do. To calm the constant stimulation that is effecting your body.
- Release trapped emotions
- Release trauma from the body
- Rewire your mind – remove toxic thought patterns replace with helpful ones
- Morning and night intentionally generate thought + emotion to heal the body. Feelings of love, gratitude, joy.
- Become aware of what you are thinking and the story you are telling, and tell a new one.
So, now you know your body responds to the physical outer world and the mental/emotional inner world, it’s also important to know that it also responds to the Spiritual world.
This world is very real, and there is a battle always going on within it. “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. “-Ephesians 6:12
You could be eating and thinking and exercising perfect, but if there are some strongholds in the Spiritual world, that could be causing your issue.
My Spiritual Protocol looks something like this:
- Breaking off any generational sin/curse that could be contributing to the problem
- Spend daily time in the word
- Ask and listen for wisdom
- Worship and time in the secret place
I’m working on an entire program that goes more in-depth into this and will help you walk all of this out to heal anything you may have going on. Do you have any questions or anything you think would be helpful to include in the program? Let me know below!