Why it took me so long to start speaking the Word of God out loud every day is beyond me.
It seems like everywhere I go lately, I have been hearing and seeing the power and importance of making decrees. God has been showing me that the Bible was not created just to read. It is more powerful than we can ever imagine if we actually choose to use it. As Christians, we have a huge advantage of having this book to deal with anything we have going on in life- but most of us were never taught how to actually use it to create tangible change.
The word was meant to be spoken. Out loud. Every day. Over any circumstance you have going on that needs to be changed.
Power in the Word
This is not the post to go into the science of HOW the Word does indeed change the physical world. In short- let’s just say that from a quantum physics perspective, the vibrations and energy that these words release into the atmosphere are powerful. After all, God did SPEAK the world into form, and we are made in his imagine. Meaning, the words we speak actually have the power to CREATE.
It is time to be intentional about speaking what we want to create and speaking the promises of God to bring the manifestation of them in our lives.
When we realize that the Word can physically change our reality- you view it ENTIRELY different. It is not an obligation to read and memorize- it is an excitement.
Words and Decrees
Words matter! Words create life or death. Truly. Watch what you say, speak over yourself and agree with. Never say ANYTHING about yourself that you DO NOT want to come true! We do this all the time without thinking about it-…..I am bad at……., I can’t…. I always…. I am worried… I don’t like this…..I don’t want this to happen….. what if…..
Stop it, just stop:)
What is a Decree?
A decree is an official order issued by a legal authority.
A decree is taking Gods words and speaking it out. We have been given the authority from Jesus to make these decrees into our realms of influence and as we do it we begin to create the will of God in our life in the spiritual realm.
- “You will decree a thing and it will be established for you ….” Job 22:28
- “God confirms the word of His servant …” Isaiah 44:26
- Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit (Proverbs 18:21).
- Isaiah 55:11 God said, “My word shall not return void but accomplish all it is sent forth to do.”
What do Decrees Do?
1 . Decrees create and make changes in the Spiritual and Physical Realm
Scripture is a powerful force that creates change in both the physical and spiritual world when spoken.
As you decree God’s word and will, the awesome power of the Holy Spirit is released to bring it to pass.
Jesus said the words that we speak are spirit and they are life. The substance of our words goes out into the spiritual realm and starts to creates life.
Remember: “My word shall not return void but accomplish all it is sent forth to do.” In order to have what the Bible says, we need to speak it out.
2. Decrees Release and Commission Angels
“Bless the Lord, you His angels, Who excel in strength, who do His word, Heeding the voice of His word” (Psalm 103:20).
Angels respond to the words of life spoken by us. When we speak God’s promises and hope into situations, we give these angelic beings something to work with to accomplish God’s will and promises in our life.
The moment you decree a thing, it will dispatch angels to go and bring fulfillment to that word of God because they obey the voice of HIS word, not your thoughts.
One of the most powerful things you can do to transform your life is to speak and decree certain scriptures into whatever area of life you are struggling with most. Yeah, yeah, yeah….. I know you have heard that a million times but if you knew that it was actually releasing angels and creating changes in the spiritual and physical realm to change your life why WOULDN’T you do it?!
3. Decrees Change Your Beliefs
What you believe about yourself, the world, and your circumstances create your reality.
You create what you believe. Your beliefs control how you perceive life, how you react to situations, what you think about yourself. Whatever your life is now, is based upon your beliefs driving your actions and reactions. We are all perceiving this life completely differently right now based on the filter of our unique beliefs. We need to reprogram our beliefs – so that our habits, personality, ways of thinking, and reactions to life are in line with the people we desire to be.
Daily decrees not only make changes in the spiritual realm, they also make changes in your mind, which then changes your brain, which then changes your body and life!
Decrees to Use Daily
My next post exlpains the exact decrees and prayers I use and say each day. For now, here are a few good ones to start with:
- My spirit, soul, and body is blessed.
- His hand of grace and blessings is with us and he keeps us from harm.
- The favor of God on my life endures a lifetime and causes my mountains of influence and blessing to stand strong. I am are favored everywhere that I go and in all that I do. His favor opens doors of opportunities for us that no man can shut. Yeshua is a shield to us every day.
- All of my needs are met according to HIS riches and glory by Jesus.
- My prayers are powerful and effective (2 Corinthians 5:21; James 5:16b).
- I am blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ (Ephesians 1:3).
- In my home and business, I am the head and not the tail, above and not beneath.