How This Nourishes Your Body
No Bake Avocado Dessert Bars
Avocado dessert bars! An easy no bake dessert recipe that is full of healing ingredients that are not only delicious, but will make you feel amazing!
Other avocado recipes:
Notes for Avocado Dessert Bars
- You can use any nut or seed for the bottoms layer. I like to mix 1/2 coconut flakes with either 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, almond, or cashews! Can also just do 1 cup ground nut or seed.
- Can sweeten with maple syrup or honey.
- Works best if poured into a loaf pan.
- Can use butter or coconut oil or a mixture of the two instead of all just coconut oil.
- Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the bottom layer by combining the coconut flakes and sunflower seeds and blend/grind until flour forms.
- Add cacao, coconut oil, and maple syrup in with the coconut/nut mixture and blend or mix together.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the lined pan and set aside.
- To prepare the filling, combine all of the filling ingredients in a blender or small food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the filling to the loaf pan and use a spatula to spread it evenly over the bottom layer.
- To prepare topping, mix together the coconut oil, cacao, and maple syrup until smooth. Pour the mixture over the top of the avocado filling. OR melt chocolate of choice and pour over avocado filling.
- Set in the freezer to set for 30 minutes, then transfer the pan to the fridge to set for an additional 2 hours.
- Serve chilled from the fridge or freezer!
Print This Recipe