How This Nourishes Your Body
Keto Coconut Cake Batter Bites
At almost 9 months pregnant with a 2-year-old, anything I make needs to be quick, easy, and something the whole family will actually like, and THESE do the trick!
I love to keep these bars in the refrigerator or freezer to pop in your mouth when you need a quick energy boost or treat. Or as a side at lunch like they have been this week.
Notes for Keto Coconut Cake Batter Bites
- To make this completely sugar-free and keto, use something like a Monk Fruit Sugar-Free Syrup and Dark Chocolate stevia sweetened chocolate chips!
- Double the recipe if you want to have some left over to freeze.
- Feel free to add a few drops of peppermint essential oil!
In a small pot, combine your coconut butter and maple syrup on low heat until just melted.
- Add shredded coconut and mix.
- SIDE NOTE: If the coconut butter is soft enough (if it’s not, run it under warm water) Sometimes I just throw the coconut, coconut butter, and maple syrup to my highspeed blender jar and blend on high until well mixed – if you are really in a hurry.
- Transfer the batter to lined pan ( I like to use a loaf pan or 4×4 pan)
- Press firmly in place. You can make it as thick or thin as you like
- Place the coconut bar layer in the refrigerator.
- Melt your chocolate chips of choice and pour over the coconut bar layer and refrigerate.
- Cut into little bars or bite-size pieces