How This Nourishes Your Body
The most healing Turmeric Milk.
I am a huge fan of comfort drinks. Coffee, hot chocolate, chi tea latte. . .something I can just sip and relax. Sad part is, most of these drinks are doing nothing good for my body so I am determined to create and enjoy certain beverages that both taste amazing AND balance my hormones, support my skin, and prevent disease- all at the same time.
And this is one drink that does just that.
Turmeric is a true super herb. It is incredibly detoxifying and anti inflammatory. It supports your liver and kills cells that may be harming your body. This in turn can improve skin and digestion as well as prevent disease and sickness in the future. Turmeric has been shown to kill cancer cells, boost blood circulation, and reduce the pain and fever associated with illness.
Read more about the benefits of turmeric here.
Coconut milk is full of healthy fats and contains lauric acid, antimicrobial lipids and capric acid, which have antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. Coconut milk and all coconut products are one of the most powerful foods for hormonal balance. These fats will also fuel your brain, give you energy, and take away sugar cravings.
I also love to top this baby with coconut whip cream!
Turmeric milk is a traditional Indian beverage that is commonly referred to as “Golden Milk” because of its healing properties. Very soothing, and will help your body detox throughout the night.
The absorption of turmeric is actually enhanced when combined with black pepper. This drink will take good care of your body. Enjoy!
- You can also do 1 cup water 1 cup coconut milk
- I like to throw it all in a high-speed blender to make it frothy and more like a latte:)
- You could also do 1 scoop of turmeric bone broth protein instead to make this an ULTRA HEALING< BEAUTY BOOSTING, LIFE GIVING drink! Bone broth + turmeric + coconut = magic.
- You can find turmeric bone broth protein powder here
Recipe Cooking Instructions
1. In a saucepan add all ingredients (except honey) and whisk to combine
2. Heat over medium heat until it starts to bubble, then turn heat down to low and simmer for about 5 minutes so the flavors meld.
3. Add honey and stir, top with cinnamon and coconut whip cream and enjoy!
To make coconut whip cream, place a can of coconut milk in the fridge over night, and scrap the top off in the morning for topping tea, fruit.