How This Nourishes Your Body
My husband has been on a huge donut kick lately. In an effort to reduce the amount of fried substances going in his body, I have been experimenting with donut recipes.
This recipe is not a typical crispy donut, more like a donut cake, but still delicious.
The recipe is very similar to this brownie recipe I have. (they both use avocado to make it fudgy)
These donuts are full of antioxidants, fiber, and healing fat so you can fully enjoy every single bite.
These go great with:
Notes for Paleo Chocolate Donuts
- You can use any nut butter or you like (almond, peanut, sunflower, tahini)
- This tastes best with a chocolate sauce on top: I really like to melt a mint dark chocolate bar with a teaspoon of coconut oil on low and then drizzle on each donut after baking.
- You could also melt some coconut butter.
- Top with bee pollen (not tasty but pretty;), berries, or nuts
- Another chocolate drizzle option:
- 1/3 cup clean chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Combine all ingredients in your blender and run until smooth.
- Pour into donut pan
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Set pan over a wire rack to cool. Wait until donuts are cooled then remove from the pan. The longer they cool, the firmer they will become.
Or checkout the Men's Only Newsletter