How This Nourishes Your Body
Chocolate fat bombs.
I hate that label, but love the concept.
It’s time to get on board the fat bomb train. Which is easy to do, because clean recipes for fat bombs are suddenly everywhere. Think of them like energy balls, but instead of being made with things like oats or dried fruit, they’re made from high-fat, low-carb ingredients. Think coconut, cacao, nuts and nut butters, and avocado.
The purpose of these bites it to provide your body with fat for fuel instead of sugar. This not only gives you a mental and physical energy boost, it also fills you up and speeds up your metabolism because insulin and cortisol are not spiking.
Here are a few other ideas for you to experiment with:
Notes for Chocolate Fat Bombs
- I used these silicone molds. Super awesome to have to make healthy gummies or other chocolate recipes!
- You can use a nut butter instead of coconut butter
- You can also use organic mini muffin liners if you want more of a peanut butter cup experience.
Recipe Cooking Instructions
- In a small pan, heat coconut butter and oil on low
- Remove from heat and add the shredded coconut, cacao, and vanilla and stir to combine
- Fill mini muffin tins OR small silicon molds with mixture
- Freeze for 30 min – 1 hour and enjoy!