How This Nourishes Your Body
Avocado Dessert Truffles
I love avocado dessert! Turning avocados into desserts is one of my favorites because of the creamy, delicious texture it provides- along with any flavor you pair with it!
Try this avocado ice cream, chocolate chia seed smoothie, or this wonderful key lime pie smoothie! You can even throw some collagen or protein powder in this to have a healing protein-fat snack or breakfast ready to go!
Notes for Avocado Dessert Truffles
- I like to mix a pinch or more of cinnamon with cacao powder to roll the balls in when finished, this is optional.
- Can also roll in shredded coconut or hemp seeds
- Store in refrigerator or freezer
- This makes a delicious pudding if you are in a hurry to eat 😉
- Melt dark chocolate slowly.
- In a separate bowl, mash avocado. When chocolate is smooth, pour into mashed avocado and stir together. Add in vanilla and cinnamon.
- When combined and clump-free, place in refrigerator for about a half hour. When cooled and hardened, scoop into 10-12 balls and roll until smooth.
- Roll each ball in cocoa powder and serve. Place any remaining truffles in air tight container.