Skin issues are caused by inflammation, bacterial imbalances, detoxification issues, and triggers: Food triggers, and environmental triggers, the biggest one being what you put on your skin.
We know the outrageous dangers of personal care products from hormone imbalance, to thyroid problems, to cancer- I talk in detail about that here, and I talk about the top 10 toxic ingredients to look for in your lotions, shampoos, and washes here.
These simple ingredients below have an amazing effect on your skin by soothing inflammation. Anything that you put on your skin gets absorbs into your blood stream in 30 seconds, these products will provide your body with real nutrients, antioxidants, and enzymes it needs for cell renewal, detoxification, increased immunity- all of which are essential for healthy, glowing skin!
10 Best Ingredients for Your Natural Skin Care
- Raw honey is one of the best sources of nutrients, enzymes, vitamins and skin-enhancing acids. Raw honey is amazing for reducing breakouts, providing moisturize to skin, and fading scars.
- I love cleansing with honey a few times per week by taking half a teaspoon, warm between hands and spread on face gently, leave on for 10 minutes then rinse with warm water and pat dry.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple Cider Vinegar is one of my most favorite tools for clear, glowing skin. I take it internally every day in water, as well as use it as a toner by mixing 1/3 ACV to 2/3 Water in a bottle- and either spraying it on my face or putting the mixture on a pad to wipe of make up and sweat.
- The days I do not wear make up, I just use this to wipe off my face at night.
- AVC is rich in highly beneficial acids, potassium and magnesium that make it a detoxifying agent that kills pathogens (like bad bacteria), clearing skin problems, cleansing the skin and helping to stop acne/
- My favorite Essential Oils for skin are Tea tree, lavender, lemon, and frankincense.
- These oils fight breakouts, reduce redness and inflammation on the skin, reduce age spots and even out skin tone, and encourage cell renewal.
- More on my favorite natural spot treatments here.
- I add drops of these oils to my homemade face washes and lotions and have noticed clearer, brighter skin!
- This is the only line of therapeutic grade Essential Oils that I recommend, because the actually work!
I know this is pretty generic but oils- all different kinds do wonders for your skin! Oils have been the secret of ancient cultures for generations for glowing, clear, youthful skin, and after using them, I would have to agree. I wash my face with oil, and use oils as moisturizers. There are many different oils you can try, but my favorite are. . .
- Coconut Oil , Jajaba Oil, Argon Oil:
- These oils strengthen underlying epidermal tissue, removing dead skin cells, protect skin from sun, and containing antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and antioxidant properties.
- Add these oils to the face wash and lotions you already have OR completely make the shift to oil cleansing.
All of these are incredible external skin enhancements- but nothing will make as big a difference on your skin than what you put in your body.
Top Nutrition and Supplement Tips for Glowing Skin and Hair
- Eat for glowing skin and balanced hormones.
- Consume Probiotics and fermented foods. The health of your gut and bacteria inside of you = the health of your hair, skin, and hormones.
- Drink half your body weight of water in oz each day.
- Consume a therapeutic grade, pure fish oil for the specific nutrients needed for hair growth, skin cell renewal, and balanced hormones.
- Consume the ultimate skin beauty food, collagen.
- Greens Powders, minerals
- Probiotic and Probiotic Liquids
Bonus Skin Care Tips
- How to oil cleanse for glowing, bright, even skin.
- How to dry brush to get rid of cellulite.
- Easy DYI masks