How This Nourishes Your Body
I have been on the search for ways to use my turmeric bone broth protein. Let’s be honest, it does not taste awesome in smoothies.
You all know I am fans of having a healing protein/fat snack in the house at all times to keep my hormones balanced and full of energy all day long and these turmeric bone broth Cookies are perfect!
AND DON’T WORRY. . . they do not taste like straight up turmeric. I find the tahini (or whatever nut butter + coconut + sweetener gives it a great taste!)
Bone broth and turmeric are incredibly healing, health promoting, anti-inflammatory foods loaded with amino acids, collagen, minerals, and antioxidants making them that arguably a few of the most powerful substances you can consume for total body health.
So now, you can get your bone broth, turmeric, and coconut all in one bite!
A few of my other favorite protein/fat bars include:
Notes for Turmeric Bone Broth Protein Cookies
- You can use any nut butter you like (tahini, almond, coconut, cashew, sunflower seed)
- I use this monk fruit sweetener – amazing replacement for regular sugar! Looks and tastes like sugar while being completely sugar-free and actually healthy!
- You can use coconut sugar instead of Lakanto.
- Could also try honey, may need to add a bit more protein powder if too sticky.
Recipe Cooking Instructions
- combine 1 cup coconut with coconut oil in high-speed blender or food processor and blend on high until coconut butter forms. Should be nice and creamy.
- Blend in the tahini until well mixed
- Pour mixture in bowl and add in turmeric bone broth protein and lakanto.
- Mix with a fork until batter forms. It will be crumbly.
- Scoop up about a tablespoon or two of batter and form into the shape of a cookie or ball with your hand by squeezing together.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy!