How This Nourishes Your Body
Flaxseed Happy Digestion Keto Crackers
These crackers have become a staple lately. Easy to make and a great way to get in chia seeds, flax seeds, and healing herbs and spices!
What people notice when eating these crackers is their digestion is improved and, um, regular if you know what I mean.
Having regular elimination is one of the most important parts of a healthy body as it eliminates toxins, excess hormones, and waste that would otherwise accumulate and cause diseases like cancer, hormone imbalance, and mental health issues.
My top tips for improving your elimination:
- Drink 1/2 your body weight (at least) in ounces of water each day
- Take a magnesium supplement at night I like this one or this magnesium drink
- Take at least a 20-minute walk every day
- Use a squatty potty (yes I think it’s awesome and really helps) Read about why I use a squatty potty here.
Okay, now onto the recipe.
Notes for Flax Keto Crackers
- You can flavor these however you want! Just use up to 4-6 teaspoons of whatever flavoring herbs and spices you have. I like to mix it up each time.
- The more flat you roll them, the faster they will cook and the more they will be like chips versus crackers.
- They will burn easily so keep checking towards the end. I like to shut the oven off right before they are done, crack the door open, and let them finishing cooking as the heat is going down.
- These go great with: homemade healthy ranch or dairy-free artichoke dip
- In a bowl mix ground flaxseeds, chia seeds, and seasonings
- Add water and mix till combined with a spatula
- Let the dough sit for 10 minutes
- Preheat 400°
- Place dough between 2 parchment papers and roll flat with a rolling pin as thin as you like.
- Place the rolled dough with parchment paper onto a baking sheet and use a pizza cutter to cut into whatever size pieces you would like.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes- depending on how thick you made them, keep checking after 10 minutes
- Once crackers are baked, I like to turn off the oven, remove and break the crackers then put the crackers on the baking tray and return to the oven for another 10 minutes with the oven door slightly opened so they get crispy but not burned.