How This Nourishes Your Body
These have become one of my favorite weekly staples! They are truly the perfect afternoon pick-me-up along with my favorite coconut milk latte, without the sugar and loaded with minerals, antioxidants, and healing protein and fat for hormonal balance and brain function!
Notes for No Bake Collagen Coconut Oil Cookies
- For this recipe, I used bone broth collagen – but you can also use Bone Broth Protein Powder or these collagen peptides
- I usually use 1/2 cup sprouted sunflower seeds and 1/2 cup sprouted pumpkin seeds. I love the Go-Raw sprouted pumpkin and sprouted sunflower seeds because it saves you from having to soak and sprout the seeds yourself. Why do you want to only eat nuts and seeds that are sprouted?! Because when they are not sprouted, the outer layer contains phytic acid which blocks the body’s ability so absorb minerals and is really hard on your digestive system. Learn how to sprout nuts and seeds here.
- I also used my favorite monk fruit sweetener – amazing replacement for regular sugar! Looks and tastes like sugar while being completely sugar-free and actually healthy!
- You can use coconut sugar instead if you don’t have it
- Place the pumpkin/sunflower seeds and coconut flakes into food processor or blender and pulse until flour like texture.
- Add in raw cacao powder, collagen or bone broth powder, and lakanto/coconut sugar and combine together.
- Next add in vanilla
- Can add more collagen if too runny, or more coconut oil if too thick (just a little at a time)
- Now scoop with a mini ice cream scooper or scoop 2-3 tablespoons by hand and place on parchment paper.
- Lighty shape into whatever shape/size cookie you want by pressing down. Batter may be runny so don’t worry about making them into perfect shapes. We are going for nutrition, not looks;)
- Place in refrigerator until firm.
- Keep in fridge and eat when you need a pick me up!