How This Nourishes Your Body
Healthy Paleo Seed Bars (no nuts, gluten, dairy)
My daughter is at the age where I pack lunches for her a few days a week. I needed something already made that I could just throw in each day that is full of protein, fiber, and healthy fats to keep her happy, full, and healthy. She is nut-free so these are the perfect bar for snacks, sides at lunch, or after-dinner treats.
I make these and store them in the freezer and just pull one or two out to throw in her lunches. They have definitely become a weekly staple!
You can get creative with this. Add in some dried fruit, chocolate chips, hemp seeds, whatever you have on hand!
- Preheat oven to 300
- Add the sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and coconut flakes to blender or food processor and blend/pulse until all of the seeds are slightly broken down.
- Melt coconut oil and honey together.
- Pour coconut oil and honey over the seed mixture and stir.
- Flatten out on a baking pan or a 9×12 pan – you want it to be about 1/2 inch thick or how thick you want a bar
- Bake for about 30 minutes
- Let cool completely before cutting!
- Store in the fridge for a few days or freezer for a few weeks. I like storing mine in the freezer because they don’t get rock hard and you can eat them right when you pull them out.