How This Nourishes Your Body
These coconut cookies have become one of my weekly staples. I love the texture, and the fact they are filled with healing fat and protein instead of flour and sugar which spikes your blood sugar -> spikes your cortisol -> causes weight gain and a bad mood.
I love to add -> home made coconut milk whipped cream, but they are also amazing plain!
These cookies are filled with healing fat and protein for a guilt-free dessert that does not cause inflammation in your body. I love to have them on hand for a snack or a side to my breakfast and lunch.
Notes for Coconut Cookies
- You can use 2 cups coconut shreds if you do not have/want sunflower seeds.
- You can use any other kind of nut or seed
- I used this pure whey protein powder- but you can use any flavor you would like/have. This vanilla plant protein is also great. (does whey protein cause inflammation?)
- My absolute favorite protein powder these days is bone broth protein. This allows me to get my bone broth in for the day while eating a delicious cookie! You can use the pure, vanilla, or chocolate flavor for this recipe.
- These also go great with my favorite coconut milk latte recipe
Recipe Cooking Instructions
- Pre heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Roughly chop sunflower seeds and coconut flakes in blender until broken up in chunks.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and stir together. If too crumbly, add more honey OR a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Scoop cookies onto cookie tray.
- Gently press the cookies down to flatten.
- Makes about 18 cookies.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.