How This Nourishes Your Body
Sweet Potato Nachoes are an amazing and healthy weeknight dinner you can throw together fast and easy! When you have people over, or when you just want to spice up your meals- try choosing a theme. Mexican, Italian, Chinese. . . it makes things interesting and allows you to get a variety of nutrients because lets face it- we can sometimes fall into the pit of eating the same thing over and over again.
When planning meals, it is also helpful to have ‘nights’ for things so you always know what you are going to cook for the week. For example: taco night, burger night, pizza night, stiry fry night, salad night. . . and each time you can mix it up with the vegetables and proteins you use.
Lately we have been having nacho nights around these parts. One, because it is an easy way to load in whatever veggies you have, and two, because it is great to have when you have people over for a football or baseball game!
Notes for Sweet Potato Nachoes
- I usually use plantain or sweet potato chips for this
- You can load in whatever veggies and greens you have on hand
- I sometimes avoid the cheese altogether and add extra avocado- but fee free to use whatever cheese you would like. Goat, sheep, or raw preferred 😉
- You can also use any protein you would like for this: ground turkey, buffalo, beef, shredded chicken, or beans
- Preheat oven to 375 and line baking sheet with foil
- Slice sweet potatoes thin, using mandolin
- Spray baking sheet or grease with butter or coconut oil, lay sweet potatoes down, sprinkle with salt, and bake until crispy
- Remove, let cool, and place on plate
- Heat pan with butter and cook the onion and ground turkey with the spices until fully cooked.
- Add the spinach at the end to lightly cook it.
- Top sweet potatoes with the ground turkey mix.
- Top with avocado, cheese, and salsa of your choosing.