How This Nourishes Your Body
Since becoming a mama, I am a huge fan of quick and easy dinners, so I have been getting into one pan meals lately.
This one is a weekly staple in our house- just chop and throw everything in the oven and you are done!
One pan dinners are a great way to save time and dishes while also creating a delicious meal full of vegetables. This dish takes a twist on traditional chicken fajitas by using Primal Kitchen’s avocado oil ranch to create powerful flavor minus the toxic vegetable oils. Cooking up the fajita fillings in bulk makes it easy to throw on top of a bed of greens as an easy lunch throughout the week.
Notes for One Pan Chicken Fajita Salad
- For this recipe, I love to use Primal Kitchen’s Ranch. Made with super clean ingredients, healing spices, and avocado oil versus toxic vegetable oils. You can find this ranch here. If you don’t have ranch, feel free to leave it out.
- For the spice blend- I like to use a premade Mexican blend- but you can also make your own by combining:
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Top this with fresh cilantro, lime juice, and avocado!
- Can also make tacos with grain-free tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop peppers into thin slices
- Mince garlic
- Chop onion
- Cut chicken into strips OR you can cut after the chicken is cooked if you prefer
- If making the seasoning:
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together chili powders, cumin, paprika, coriander, 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper, set aside.
- Spread bell peppers and yellow onion onto baking sheet. Top with chicken strips then sprinkle garlic and seasoning evenly over chicken strips. Drizzle avocado oil over top then toss everything to evenly coat.
- Spread into an even layer working to keep chicken from overlapping.
- Roast in preheated oven, tossing once halfway through cooking, until veggies are tender and chicken has cooked through, about 18 – 25 minutes
- Place a handful of mixed greens on a plate and top with fajita filling!
- Drizzle Primal Kitchens Ranch on top of everything and top with avocado.