How This Nourishes Your Body
Does your PB&J need a health upgrade?
Trying using this chia seed jelly with almond butter on this plantain bread! Now that is one sandwich that is worth eating without the major inflammation of a normal PB&J…
Whole grain bread: Which of the following foods below do you think causes the greatest surge in blood sugar? A tablespoon of pure white sugar, A Snickers bar, A banana, And a slice of whole wheat bread. Nope, not the sneakers bar, but the whole wheat bread!
Blood sugar imbalances cause so many health issues, hormonal imbalances, and depression. Whole wheat products contain anti-nutrients and lectins that slowly wear down your digestive system, spike blood sugar levels, and make your body more likely to store fat.
Peanuts: Are frequently contaminated with a carcinogenic mold called aflatoxin. Peanuts are one of the most pesticide-contaminated crops. The oils that are in most peanut butters are rancid and cause major inflammation in the body.
Jelly: Usually filled with sugar, corn syrup, and preservatives which again = inflammation.
Chia seeds, almonds, plantains, and berries contain amazing sources of fiber and antioxidants which fight inflammation in the body. Read more about why you should be eating chia seeds here.
- You can use any type of berry you would like.
- You can use any type of sweetener you like, stevia, honey, etc.
- If you use frozen berries, let them sit out for a bit until they become soft to blend.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and mix to desired consistency.
- Slightly blending it will give it a jam consistency while blending it more will give it a jelly consistency.
- Pour mixture into a glass jar and place in the refrigerator for 60 minutes before serving.