How This Nourishes Your Body
Easy Chicken Teriyaki Bake
Heres the deal.
I personally need some serious meal planning/recipe guides.
With a toddler that is getting pickier + a newborn on the way, I have way less time to cook, think, and plan. I can’t just eat my simple non-recipe meals whenever I want.
So I am making a book. Something I need to do for myself, and I want to share it with you too.
It will include
- Easy, minimal, 1-day meal prep
- Top 15 go-to dinner recipes that are EASY, FAST, and WHOLE FAMILY approved.
- Staples to have on hand and how to use them.
- Complete, balanced meals – not just a ‘chicken recipe’ but ones that include healing protein, fat, vegetables, and complex carbohydrates in each recipe. No need to think of sides.
Right now I am in the process of recipe testing for the best go-to dinner recipes. This is one of them. Super easy, and most importantly, the whole family loves it.
Notes for Easy Chicken Teriyaki Casserole
- One Big Tip: I like to cook a whole chicken every Monday (you can buy a premade one of you want). Then I use leftover chicken to throw in other recipes throughout the week. SUCH a time saver.
- You can use whatever rice you like OR use cauliflower rice to make this a low carb recipe.
- You can use fresh, frozen, or whatever vegetables you have on hand!
- If you have the chicken and rice already cooked, you can literally make this meal in 15 minutes with little work!
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Make the sauce by combing arrowroot or cornstarch and COLD water. Put all other ingredients everything except the arrowroot mixture into a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes. Add the arrowroot mixture and whisk until the sauce thickens. Add more water or coconut aminos if too thick.
- If you don’t already have chicken cooked, Place the chicken breasts in the prepared pan. Place chicken in oven and bake 35 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and shred chicken in the dish using two forks.
- If you dont already have rice or cauliflower cooked, do that now as well.
- Steam or cook the vegetables according to package directions.
- Add the cooked vegetables, rice, olive oil or butter, and shredded chicken. Add sauce, reserving a bit to drizzle over the top when serving. Gently toss everything together in the casserole dish until combined. Return to oven and cook 15 minutes.