How This Nourishes Your Body
Pizza night is my favorite night. Not the processed pizza with white flour, vegetable oils, and toxic cheese that leaves my body slow, and fighting for balance…But the kind that is full of fresh, raw ingredients that will fuel and support the body- and tastes amazing like this Portabella Pizza.
Portabella Pizza Notes
What I love most about this recipe is all of the possibilities! I personally love a raw goat cheese/tomato/basil combination.
My absolute favorite is pesto portabella, which I will post soon because it was INCREDIBLE.
Make it your own…tomato sauce, white pizza, pesto…basil, oregano, cilantro, on my!
Fresh herbs are so powerful and healing to our bodies, plus they bring out amazing flavor. Basil may just be my favorite.
1. With a spoon, scrape the gills out until the underside is mostly clean. Place them on a foil lined rimmed baking sheet.
2. Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic. Brush mushroom caps inside and out with the olive oil mixture. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
3. Pre-heat the broiler. Broil the mushrooms for 3-5 minutes until they are hot and the edges are starting to brown. They will start to release moisture and get juicy. Remove from the oven.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 375. Fill the caps with the tomatoes,cheese, and onion. Sprinkle with the fresh basil.
5. Bake for 12 minutes or until hot and the cheese has softene
Or checkout the Men's Only Newsletter