How This Nourishes Your Body
Protein Paleo Waffles
When searching for a gluten-free, grain-free, paleo waffle recipe, it’s hard to find one that doesn’t use a bunch of weird flours or nut flours. This recipe is perfect because it only contains a few easy ingredients, and can be made in minutes!
Because I love making these for a quick breakfast, I designed this recipe to contain everything you need to create a balanced meal that supports hormonal and brain function.
These waffles contain
- complex carbohydrate: plantain
- protein: eggs and collagen
- veggies: spinach
- healthy fat: butter or coconut oil
These go wonderfully with:
Notes for Protein Paleo Waffles
- You can add 2-3 tablespoons of a sweetener depending on how sweet you want it. (Monk fruit, honey, maple syrup)
- This is my favorite type of therapeutic collagen because it contains different types from different sources. I like to use this pure collagen for baking because it is cheaper, but still quality.
- You can also double this recipe and freeze them so you have a breakfast you can throw in the toaster oven!
- Add whatever toppings you like (coconut milk cream, berries, nuts, honey, dark chocolate)
- Peel plantains and place pieces in your blender with the eggs. Blend to form a smooth batter.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender or food processor and process on high for an additional minute
- Heat your waffle maker on high. Pour batter into your waffle maker and cook, according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Remove from waffle maker and serve!