How This Nourishes Your Body
Healthy Coconut Oat Bars
Who’s kids are always looking for a snack?! What moms are always looking for healthy snacks and meals to give their kids?!
Instead of buying expensive packaged bars, make these and fill them with tons of health-boosting ingredients and real whole foods.
These are a family favorite. I basically lived off of them when I was postpartum with our last daughter.
- You can use any kind of nut/seed butter you like (peanut butter, sunbutter, almond butter)
- You can use this sugar-free honey/maple syrup substitute for honey to make it sugar-free
- I also like to add sun fiber – a new clinically studied safe fiber that improves the microbiome, prevents and treats constipation, and feeds the good bacteria. You can find sunfiber on my fullscript.
- Blend the oats and coconut in a blender to fine crumbs.
- Mix the blended oatmeal and coconut with the ground flaxseed in a big bowl.
- Add in the sunbutter and honey
- Mix everything thoroughly with a large spoon, or your hands.
- Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment papper
- Spread and flatten out mix in the baking dish
- Melt coconut oil over low heat, Stir in maple syrup and cacao powder untill it’s all mixed.
- Pour the topping all over the bar and spread it out.
- Keep in fridge or freezer until ready to eat. I love to keep these in my freezer, they are soft enough to eat right away and they store for a while.