How This Nourishes Your Body
It’s time you try a coconut milk latte.
Lattes are so comforting, unfortunately, these fancy drinks that are flying out of coffee shops may be destroying your hormones, your health, and your wallet.
The loads of sugar, artificial flavors, pesticide ridden coffee beans, and pasteurized dairy, are not doing your body any favors. Read more about problems with coffee, and the best way to drink coffee here.
Good news is, you can make your own coconut milk latte that tastes amazing AND benefits your health.
Coconut Milk Latte Recipe
Choose Your Organic Coffee or Tea :
Nonorganic coffee and tea are often heavily sprayed with pesticides. To save your body from that toxic burden, opt for organic blends.
- Organic coffee
- Chia Tea
- DandyBlendd (herbal coffee substitute)
- Yerba Mate Tea
- Green Tea / Matcha
Add a Healthy Fat
Balanced Blood Sugar = Balanced Hormones & Healthy Body. Adding some quality healthy fat to your coffee will again help stabilize blood sugar levels and will help your body absorb and use nutrients. Starting the day with healthy fats provides energy, is good for cognitive function, and supports your hormonal system.
- Full Fat Coconut Milk
- Coconut Oil
- Brain Octane Oil
- Grass Fed Butter or Ghee
- Nut Milks
Choose a Natural Sweetener
Refined sugar is the number one toxin to your body. It accelerates aging, feeds diseases like cancer, causes mood swings, weight gain, and skin problems. The best options are natural sweeteners, with the lowest glycymic index as possible so it does not completely throw off your blood sugar levels and hormones.
- Monk fruit
- Raw Honey
- Grade B Maybe Syrup
- Coconut Sugar
Spices can be incredibly healing, decreasing inflammation and strengthening your immune system. Cinnamon, in particular, is extremely healing because it will slow the rate at which the caffeine and sugar enter into your bloodstream which in turn helps balance blood sugar.
- Pumpkin Spice
Blend on High Speed
Either use a hand mixer/frother or throw everything into a high-speed blender and blend until creamy and frothy.
This coconut milk latte goes great with:
1. Pour the hot water over your tea bag and steep for 4-6 minutes in a mug. Or prepare coffee, or loose leaf tea in whatever way you want.
2. While your tea is steeping, heat your coconut milk in a saucepan until it just begins to steam. Once the coconut milk is warm, use a milk frother, hand blender, or simply whisk by hand until frothy.
3. Once the coconut milk is frothed, gently pour it over the tea.
4. Finish with honey to taste, a dash of cinnamon on top, and enjoy your coffee house chai tea latte from the comfort of your own home!
1. Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Mix on high speed for 20 seconds until frothy. This method works well if you are adding butter, and or coconut oil to the drink.
Once all the ingredients are blended, enjoy a smooth, creamy, health filled treat.