How This Nourishes Your Body
How to Make Coconut Milk Whipped Cream
Coconut Milk Whipped Cream has been a weekly staple in my house for lunch and snacks! This coconut milk whipped cream is perfect as a dip for fruit or nut crackers as a topping for brownies, cakes, and cookies, OR just simply off the spoon!
Notes for Coconut Milk Whipped Cream
You can personalize this in so many ways:
- You can sweeten with stevia, maple syrup, or honey depending on what you are feeling that day.
- You can add cacao powder to make it chocolate!
- You can add vanilla, cinnamon, or any other spices you wish!
- Chill the can of coconut milk in the fridge for at least 24 hours. I like to keep a few cans in the fridge at all times so I don’t have to wait.
- About 1 hour before making the coconut whip, chill a mixing bowl in the freezer.
- After chilling the can, open the can and scoop the solid white coconut cream into the bowl. Discard the coconut water or save it for another use (such as coconut water ice cubes).
- Using an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the cream until fluffy and smooth. Add in sweetener to taste and vanilla.
- Return whipped cream to fridge until ready to use. It will firm when chilled and soften at room temperature. This will keep in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 1 week or you can freeze it in an airtight freezer-safe bag for up to 1 month. After chilling in the fridge, allow it to sit at room temperature until it softens slightly and then you can re-whip it as needed.