How This Nourishes Your Body
Pecan Cookie Bars
When it comes to the holidays, you want to make desserts that everyone will like, whether they are health conscious or not;) and these cookie bars do the trick!
These look fancy, but are extremely easy to make.
Put this on your list of treats to make for the holidays- the perfect dairy, flour, and gluten-free dessert that everyone will love! These cookie bars go amazing with blender coconut milk ice cream or homemade cashew milk!
Notes on Cookie Bars
- I have made the chocolate sauce by melting high quality chocolate or chocolate chips OR by mixing coconut oil and cacao powder. If you are looking for a more rich and sweet treat- the chocolate makes a thicker sauce.
- Sometimes a do a combination of the coconut oil and cacao- along with a few pieces of chocolate thrown in. You decide what would be best based on you and your loved ones taste preferences!
- Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper
- Prepare the crust and topping by pulsing the pecans and cashews in a food processor or high speed blender until they are ground into a meal.
- Then add in the dates and melted coconut oil or butter and process or pulse in blender again until the dough sticks together. If doing in blender, you may need to stop and scrape down the sides a few times.
- Reserve 1 cup of this mixture for the crumble topping
- Take the remaining dough and press evenly into the lined baking dish.
- Prepare the chocolate sauce: Melt coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cacao powder, melted coconut oil, vanilla and syrup until smooth.
- OR on low heat, melt chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of crumble over the top of the chocolate layer
- Place in the freezer to set for at least 2 hours
- When you are ready, cut into bars or bite sized pieces and serve chilled.