How This Nourishes Your Body
Easy Homemade Cashew Milk
Homemade Cashew milk may be one of the easiest and delicious milk alternatives. Unlike almond milk, you do not need to strain the mixtures once blended- so it is as easy as blending cashews and water essentially.
Also amazing to add to smoothies, tea, or coffee! I love using it for homemade chia tea late.
Notes for Homemade Cashew Milk
- This makes about five cups homemade cashew milk.
- If you want a creamier, more concentrated milk- use less water OR if you want a thinner milk, use more.
- Soak the cashews in water at least 4 hours, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Drain the cashews and rinse until the water runs clear.
- Add the cashews and two cups water to a high power blender. Start on a low setting and increase the speed until the cashews are totally pulverized.
- Blend in 2 cups more water*, your sweetener of choice, vanilla extract, and sea salt
- Store the milk in a covered container in the refrigerator. It should keep for 3 to 4 days.