How This Nourishes Your Body
5 Ingredient Gluten-Free Tortillas
ottos cassava flour : Gluten-Free Tortillas
This is my most recent find and it is incredible! Most gluten free flours are expensive, and cannot be used to replace regular flour 1:1. You usually have to combine a bunch of different flours to create a good texture- but finally there is an alternative. This flour makes Gluten-Free Tortillas easy and incredible!
Cassava (also known as Yuca) is a root vegetable. Cassava is a staple food for half a billion people across Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
Yuca is an excellent source of non-inflammatory carbohydrate filled with fiber and resistance starch which feeds the good bacteria in your intestines.
ottos cassava flour is an all-natural, amazing, grain-free replacement for wheat flour and can be used as a 1:1 substitute in countless recipes. I like this brand because:
- There are no fillers. Only 100% Yuca (Cassava) and water are used to create this single-ingredient wonder.
- Foods made with Otto’s Cassava Flour do not have that familiar dry or “alternative flour” taste or texture that often comes with gluten-free flours.
- Amazing to use for cakes, cookies, brownies, pancakes, tortillas, and crepes
You can find ottos cassava flour here
This is a great flour to have on hand.
- Mix the flour, sea salt, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, butter or oil, and warm water. Stir to combine.
- Divide the dough into 4 balls
- Roll out each ball between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Cook each tortilla on a hot pan or skillet- use coconut oil or butter for frying.
- Cook on medium heat 1-2 minutes until bubbles form; flip and cook for another minute.
- Remove and continue with the rest of dough. The tortillas can be made in advance and warmed before use.