How This Nourishes Your Body
My husband just loves cereal. Now I cannot tell you the last time I bought a box of cereal, but once in a while, you just crave a big bowl. I have been experimenting with different grain free recipe and gluten free cereal recipes and this one is a keeper!
Here is another healthy cereal recipe using coconut flakes and sunflower seeds!
Notes for this Grain Free Recipe
Feel free to form into any shape you would like.
- Can sub stevia for a sugar-free version. This is the best tasting stevia I have found.
Otto’s Cassava Flour
This is my most recent find and it is incredible! Most gluten free flours are expensive, and cannot be used to replace regular flour 1:1. You usually have to combine a bunch of different flours to create a good texture- well not anymore!
Cassava (also known as Yuca) is a root vegetable. Cassava is a staple food for half a billion people across Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
Yuca is an excellent source of non-inflammatory carbohydrate filled with fiber and resistance starch which feeds the good bacteria in your intestines.
- There are no fillers. Only 100% Yuca (Cassava) and water are used to create this single-ingredient wonder.
- Foods made with Otto’s Cassava Flour do not have that familiar dry or “alternative flour” taste or texture that often comes with gluten-free flours.
- Otto’s Cassava Flour is the very highest quality cassava flour available. Other cassava flours are hand peeled and sun dried. That sounds romantic, but it can produce undesirable results. As the cassava dries in the sun it ferments and takes on a sour, musty smell and taste. If it happens to rain, it must sit longer, allowing opportunity for mold to grow.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add ingredients into a mixing bowl- begin to stir and mix with a spatuala
- Continue until the dough is just coming together- it will look crumby but will hold together when you form it.
- Start to take some batter and roll into little balls or roll into a big ball flatten with rolling pin or hands. Cut into squares or any shape you would like.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and Enjoy!