How This Nourishes Your Body
You can blend all of the fruit you want to make a good ice cream (Peach ice cream, pumpkin ice cream, berry ice cream, ice cream sandwiches) but it still does not take the place of real ice cream and it tends to just be a big bowl of blood sugar spiking sugar.
Ice cream can be extremely nourishing. Enough so that it makes an excellent breakfast in the morning! In fact,
Consuming ice cream that is loaded with healing fats and proteins is a great way to boost brain health, hormonal health, and metabolism. Bulletproof ice cream is a favorite of mine, but when I am looking for something quick that does not need an ice cream maker, I turn to this recipe!
I love adding this pure and powerful Collagen protein because:
- It is incredible for your hair skin and nails
- It heals and strengthens the digestive track
- It is flavorless and dissolves in any liquid
- It is a quality source of bio-available protein
Notes For Blender Coconut Milk Ice Cream:
- Customize this to your taste and cravings!: Add in dark chocolate chips, nuts, or fruit
- You can sweeten anyway you like. I just use a bit of lakanto monk fruit sweetener, but you can use raw honey or maple syrup as well for a real treat!
- You will need a high-speed blender to do this. A food processor will work as well.
- I love adding brain octane oil to this as well for an extra boost in the mornings.
- Using the parchment paper is a must! It will stick to glass and plastic and you will never be able to get it off without melting it (trust me 😉 )
Recipe Cooking Instructions
1. Place a sheet of parchment paper on deep baking dish. Pour the coconut milk onto the parchment paper and then freeze for several hours, until hard.
2. Once frozen, pull the coconut milk off the parchment paper and break into chunks.
3. Add coconut and other ingredients to blender.
4. Process until smooth, scooping down the sides as necessary.
5. Process until you have achieved your desired ice cream texture.
6. Serve immediately- keep in freezer. Serves 4.