How This Nourishes Your Body
Summer has arrived! Coconut milk ice cream is the BEST. You can blend all of the fruit you want to make a good ice cream (Peach ice cream, pumpkin ice cream, berry ice cream, ice cream sandwiches) HOWEVER it still does not necessary take the place of real ice cream.
This coconut milk ice cream does, something about it lights up the taste buds- and, it is completely healthy. In fact, is is beneficial to your brain health, hormonal health, and metabolism. Plus, you do not need an ice cream maker! It is really a win-win all around.
I love adding Vital Proteins collagen protein because:
- Collagen is incredible for your hair skin and nails
- It heals and strengthens the digestive track
- It is flavorless and dissolves in any liquid
- It is a quality source of bio-available protein
Notes For Blender Coconut Milk Ice Cream:
- Customize this to your taste and cravings!: Add in dark chocolate chips, nuts, or fruit
- You can sweeten anyway you like. I just use a bit of stevia, but raw honey and maple syrup are delicious as well!
- You will need a high speed blender to do this. A food processor will work as well.
- Using the parchment paper is a must! It will stick to glass and plastic and you will never be able to get it off without melting it (trust me 😉 )
Recipe Cooking Instructions
1. Place a sheet of parchment paper on deep baking dish. Pour the coconut milk onto the parchment paper and then freeze for several hours, until hard.
2. Once frozen, pull the coconut milk off the parchment paper and break into chunks.
3. Add coconut and other ingredients to blender.
4. Process until smooth, scooping down the sides as necessary.
5. Process until you have achieved your desired ice cream texture.
6. Serve immediately- keep in freezer. Serves 4.