How This Nourishes Your Body
5 Ingredient Raw Banana Ice Cream Bites
Banana Ice Cream will be a new favorite treat!
Ice cream sandwiches. Enough said. Except, a healthy version to fuel your beautiful body! These babies are raw, gluten free, dairy free, and only sweetened by fruit. They are full of protein, healthy fat, and antioxidant rich fruit to completely satisfy!
Notes for Banana Ice Cream
1. The crust for these can be used for tons of other recipes! The crust alone can also be made into granola bars or balls, or even raw brownies if you add a little cacao powder. Use whatever nuts you have on hand!
2. I added cacao to the banana ice cream, but you can just add vanilla to change the flavor up.
3. Peel bananas and chop into pieces, freeze overnight, and blend to make the best consistency ice cream!
1. Combine the walnuts, salt, dates, coconut, and vanilla extract, and process again until a uniform, sticky dough is formed. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides to help with even processing.
2. Transfer the cookie dough to a pan lined with parchment paper, and use your hands to shape the dough into a rectangle shape, about ¼-inch thick. You can wet your hands to spread more easily.
3. Place the dough in the freezer to set for 15-20 minutes
4. To make the ice cream, blend the frozen bananas and combine them with the vanilla extract. Blend until completely smooth and creamy, like ice cream. Optional, add 1 tablespoon cacao powder for chocolate ice cream!
5. Take out dough and use a knife to cut the dough into rectangular shapes.
6. Place a large spoonful of ice cream on half of the sandwich sides and press the cookies together to create an ice cream sandwich!
7. Place in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes, then enjoy! Store the sandwiches in a sealed container in the freezer.