How This Nourishes Your Body
There is nothing like a raw brownie in the summer time. These little bites are so versatile and can be switched up depending on what ingredients you have on hand. These go great with blender coconut milk ice cream, almond butter peach ice cream, or even a homemade latte!
Notes for Raw Brownie
- You can use any nut or seed base you would like. I like sunflower seeds, cashews, almond, or pumpkin seeds. . . simple grind with coconut flakes until a flour-like texture forms.
- You can use any kind of nut butter you want: almond butter, peanut butter, sunflower seed butter, or tahini.
- I have molded this in many different ways. You can line a muffin tin with parchment paper and fill each with a little of the crust and a little of the cream for bite-sized pieces. Or, you can place in a small baking pan or container lined with parchment paper and spread the crust out in the container, top with banana cream, and then break into pieces once ready to eat like shown above.
- For this recipe, I used bone broth collagen – but you can also use Bone Broth Protein Powder or these collagen peptides
- I usually use 1/2 cup sprouted sunflower seeds and 1/2 cup sprouted pumpkin seeds. I love the Go-Raw sprouted pumpkin and sprouted sunflower seeds because it saves you from having to soak and sprout the seeds yourself. Why do you want to only eat nuts and seeds that are sprouted?! Because when they are not sprouted, the outer layer contains phytic acid which blocks the body’s ability so absorb minerals and is really hard on your digestive system. Learn how to sprout nuts and seeds here.
For the Crust:
- Place sunflower seeds or cashews and coconut flakes in blender and blend until a rough powder forms. (it is okay to have some chunks in it)
- Place coconut/nut mixture, cacao powder, coconut oil, maple syrup into a bowl and stir together. It works well to mash together with hands.
- Spread into a pan lined with parchment paper with the thickness you desire. I do about 1/2 to 1 inch.
- Place the banana, almond butter, coconut oil, coconut butter and vanilla in blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spread over crust.
- Set in fridge or freezer for a few hours. I love to eat these out of the freezer!