How This Nourishes Your Body
This Matcha Green Tea Latte has become my favorite!
Have you heard of bullet proof coffee yet? It is definitely the new trend going around which involves butter/ghee and coconut oil/MCT oil in your coffee. When blended all together, it makes a delicious creamy latte- like beverage, expect more nutritious than ever. Although it sounds strange, these fats fuel your brain and hormones while also slowing the absorption of caffeine in your body.
If you are going to drink caffeine, putting some healthy fat in it is an excellent choice for your metabolism, hormones, and brain!
I gave up coffee a while ago BUT I do love me some matcha green tea. It comes in a green powder that you mix in water and is one power house of nutrition. One glass of matcha is the equivalent of 10 glasses of green tea in terms of its nutritional value and antioxidant content. Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg, it Boosts metabolism, Detoxifies, Calms, Enhances mood and aids in concentration. Not to mention it provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium.
This latte has been an amazing way to start my day and so incredible comforting when I need a little pick me up!
Notes for Matcha Green Tea Latte
There are numerous ways to make a delicious bullet proof latte… try one of these combinations!
1. Just use 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk instead of coconut oil and butter
2. Use the combination of coconut oil to butter that you find you come to like. I like having a tablespoon total of a mixture of both with a splash of coconut milk…I really don’t measure though;)
3. You can use green tea bags or matcha green tea powder.
4. Sweeten to your taste. Most of the time I do not sweeten with anything. Sometimes I use stevia, or a tiny bit of raw honey if I want a treat before bed. Do what works for you!
5. Heck, you don’t even have to use green tea! I also love doing this with chi tea and other black teas.
Recipe Cooking Instructions
1. In a small saucepan, bring water and coconut milk to a slight boil.
2. Add in matcha tea and sweetener and stir until fully mixed.
3. Add coconut oil, butter, and tea to a blender and blend for 30 sec- 1 min, until creamy. Serve and enjoy!
1. In a pan, bring water to a boil. Place tea bags in and let stand for 5 min.
2. Remove tea bags and add coconut milk and sweetener and broil to a slight boil.
3. Place all remaining ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy.
1. Bring 1/2 cup coconut milk and 1/2 water to a slight boil. Add matcha green tea and sweetener and stir until well combined. Then whisk until frothy OR place in blender and blend until frothy