4.5/5 stars from 100 users. Reviews: 88.
No Churn Coconut Milk Ice Cream has become my go-to dessert! All you need is a blender and a can of coconut milk! I love all of the different variations you can make from vanilla coconut milk ice cream to...
How This Nourishes Your Body
Berry No Churn Coconut Milk Ice Cream
No Churn Coconut Milk Ice Cream has become my go-to dessert! All you need is a blender and a can of coconut milk! I love all of the different variations you can make from vanilla coconut milk ice cream to chocolate coconut milk ice cream, and now- a summer filled berry flavor.
Coconut milk is an incredible brain food, metabolism booster, and is amazing for balancing hormones. Unlike most ice cream that will spike your blood sugar and cause mood swings and fat storage- this ice cream will make you feel and look amazing.
Notes on No Churn Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- Customize this to your taste and cravings!: Add in dark chocolate chips, nuts, or fruit
- You can sweeten anyway you like. I just use a bit of stevia, but raw honey and maple syrup are delicious as well!
- You will need a high-speed blender to do this. A food processor will work as well.
- Using the parchment paper is a must! It will stick to glass and plastic and you will never be able to get it off without melting it (trust me 😉 )
I love adding Vital Proteins collagen protein because:
- Collagen is incredible for your hair skin and nails
- It heals and strengthens the digestive track
- It is flavorless and dissolves in any liquid
- It is a quality source of bio-available protein
- Blend coconut milk, sweetener, salt, vanilla, and berries until smooth.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on deep baking dish. Pour the coconut milk onto the parchment paper and then freeze for several hours, until hard.
- Once frozen, pull the coconut milk off the parchment paper and break into chunks.
3. Add coconut mixture to the blender.
4. Process until smooth, scooping down the sides as necessary.
Print This Recipe
You list salt in the instructions but not in the ingredients. Same thing with the coconut. Please advise
I agree. I am a little confused with the ingredients and instructions.
Hi Cota! So sorry about the confusion, all of the ingredients now match with the instructions.
1. If you have a can of full fat coconut milk, blend it with fresh or frozen berries until all of the chunks are gone,
2. Place the berry coconut milk in an ice cube tray or baking dish with a sheet of parchment paper in it.
3. Freeze the mixture.
4. Blend on high speed until ice cream forms.
I hope this helps! 🙂
Wonderful. So simple. Thank you very much.
Hugs from Barcelona!
Hi Lura! So sorry about that, it was a new addition. I added the salt to the ingredients- it is just a pinch and is optional. I thought it brought out the berries a bit:) As far as the coconut, the milk is in the ingredients and instructions in the first step:) Please let me know if I can help in any other way! Thank you for reaching out!
The ingredients look great in this recipe, but there is a much faster way of making ice cream when you have a high speed blender. Why not pre freeze your berries and use less coconut milk, or if you want to use the whole can of coconut milk, just freeze it in your ice cube tray, but hold back about 1/3 cup. You need a bit of liquid to get things going in the blender and of course if you are using a Vitamix – use your tamper! This way, you only need to blend once and when you feel like ice cream, it can be ready in 2 minutes.
This is a great idea Cathy! I adapted this recipe from my vanilla blender coconut milk ice cream- so I just used the same method as that but the frozen berries and ice cube tray for the coconut milk sounds wonderful! I will have to give it a try:)
Is there a print friendly version? Currently comes out to NINE pages. Yikes!!