How This Nourishes Your Body
Having some dark chocolate as a pick-me-up or dessert is one practice that can bring you so much joy!
Buying quality dark chocolate bars is all well and good, but most of them on the market still contain sugar and multiple other ingredients that I would prefer not to consume. So by making my own chocolate bar, I can customize it how I like, sweeten it how I like, and use coconut oil, collagen, and straight cacao for a metabolism and beauty boost!
These go great with:
Notes for Homemade Dark Chocolate
- Depending on how sweet you like it, add 1-3 tablespoons of your sweetener of choice. I tend to like using 1 tablespoon of honey and 1-2 tablespoons lakanto monk fruit sweetener to keep it low sugar.
- This is my favorite monk fruit sweetener – amazing replacement for regular sugar! Looks and tastes like sugar while being completely sugar-free and actually healthy!
- I love using this brain octane oil MCT oil to enhance the cognitive and fat burning potential!
- Use whatever nut butter you like (almond, tahini, coconut, etc) OR leave it out- I like the subtle nut flavor it gives the chocolate.
- You can also add in some collagen! Why not?! You get a great nutritional boost and healing amino acids while eating chocolate!
- I love using this cacao powder
Recipe Cooking Instructions
- Melt the coconut oil over low heat and add the cacao, brain octane oil, maple syrup, nut butter and vanilla extract to the coconut oil and stir well, whisking to remove any lumps from the cacao.
- Pour into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper
- Refrigerate until firm(1-2 hours.)
- Cut into bars