How This Nourishes Your Body
Cinnamon Crunch Grain Free Cereal
Some days, you are just in the mood for a bowl of cereal. I used to be addicted to cereal, which certainly did not do my body any favors whatsoever. Most cereals are full of sugar and very heavy on the carbohydrates which spikes your blood sugar -> increases your insulin -> increases your cortisol -> creates problems with your sex hormones, steals your energy and signals the body to store fat. No one wants that right? This is where Grain Free Cereal comes in!
If you are looking to balance your hormones, I would suggest getting off the cereal and trying an alternative like this!
This cereal is an amazing alternative because it is low carbohydrate and full of healthy fat and cinnamon which both stabilize your blood sugar and keep you feeling good for hours!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend sunflower seeds and coconut flakes in a high speed blender until a flour forms. Small pieces are okay.
3. Add the cinnamon, and honey or syrup. Pulse to mix.
4. Begin adding in the water – 1 tablespoon at a time -until the seeds all clump together in a ball. You want the batter to be thicker and dough like so you can spread it out on a pan.
5. Between lightly oiled parchment paper, roll out the dough as thinly as you can. Remove the
top piece of parchment paper and slide the remaining parchment paper with dough onto a
cookie sheet. Make slice marks in little squares.
Bake for 12-17 minutes depending on how thick you spread your mixtures. break or cut into bite size pieces.
You can post first response comment.