How This Nourishes Your Body
These remind me of a Reesees cup- pumpkin/holiday style. Anything with Dark Chocolate in it is amazing.
Something quick to whip up, no baking involved.
These go great with blender coconut milk ice cream!
Happy Thanksgiving friends!
Notes for Dark Chocolate Bites
You can either make the chocolate by melting coconut oil and cacao OR You can make dark chocolate sauce by melting 1 and 1/2 cup chocolate chips with 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk.
- The coconut oil sauce will be thinner then the chocolate chip sauce and not cover the balls as thick.
- This recipe makes about 10 bites- double if you want more!
- Can use 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon ginger if you do not have pumpkin spice.
- You can try to use almond butter or another nut butter instead of coconut butter, but I have not tried that with this recipe yet, let me know if you do! 🙂
- Can sub stevia if you would like for the maple syrup.
- Make the pumpkin filling by blending the pumpkin, softened coconut butter, spices, and sweetener. (run jar of coconut butter under hot water to soften.)
- Place in fridge for a couple of minutes to firm. 10 min
- Form pumpkin filling into balls using cookie scoop
- Place balls in freezer to firm.
- Make dark chocolate sauce by melting the cacao, coconut oil, sweetener, vanilla, and salt on low heat. Place chocolate mixture in bowl.
- OR** Melt chocolate chips on low heat and place in bowl.
- Once all the chocolate is melted, use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over each ball
- Chill and store in fridge for a few hours… enjoy!