How This Nourishes Your Body
This Artichoke Dip is dairy free and full of healthy fats to balance hormones. It is also great for those with food intolerances! A great dip that the whole family will love!
Feel free to add real raw cheese if you would like, but it is great without as well!
Notes for Artichoke Dip
- You can use fresh or frozen spinach
- You can also add 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast for a more cheese flavor
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, cover the cashews with filtered water, and soak them in the refrigerator overnight or at least for 2 hours.
- The following day, drain the cashews, and place them in a food processor or high-speed blender and Pour in enough filtered water to just cover the cashews
- Blend them until smooth
- If using frozen spinach, defrost the spinach and squeeze out the excess water. Set aside.
- Drain and roughly chop the artichokes.
- Sauté the onions until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the chopped artichokes, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and cayenne and heat through.
- Add in the spinach and lemon juice and stir until heated through.
- Stir in the cashew cream- heat until well mixed and softened.
- If adding cheese, add now until melted and well incorporated.
- OPTIONAL: I like to take the mixture and throw it into my blender and pulse it for a minute or two to the mixture is more creamy and well mixed together.