How This Nourishes Your Body
I am all about crunchy sides. Plantain chips, kale chips, beet chips, and now zucchini chips because…why not? Such a great way to use up squashes and also fulfill that crunch you crave. I made a huge bowl of these for football Sunday and they were gone in a second.
Notes for Zucchini Chips:
You can change this up with so many different spices. Here are some ideas:
- Sea salt and cumin
- Sea salt and turmeric
- I also love sprinkling shredded coconut and cinnamon
- Sea salt and nutritional yeast
- You could also do some organic (raw) Parmesan cheese if you really wanted to
Recipe Cooking Instructions
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
2. Using either a mandoline or a knife, thinly slice the zucchini. The thinner the slices, the better they’ll crisp up in the oven.
3. After the 10 minutes, preheat the oven to 225F, and blot the slices dry with additional paper towels to remove the excess moisture.
4. Lay out the slices evenly on the baking sheet
5. Brush the olive oil/melted coconut oil/or melted butter evenly over the tops of the slices, then sprinkle with your seasonings of choice.
6. Bake for about 2 hours, or until they’ve reached your desired crispiness.