Looking for Supplements for Beauty?
I get asked all of the time what the best foods and/or supplements are for hormones, skin, and beauty. These are some of my favorites that are amazing for each of these areas. These are a few ‘real food supplements’ that are incredible to take and use every day.
Supplements for Beauty
Cod liver oil is such an important supplement for your entire body. It’s an amazing source of vitamin A, essential fatty acids, and vitamin D, which are critical for the immune system, the skin, brain function, balanced hormones, and a healthy pregnancy. It provides nutrients that almost everyone is deficient in the world today.
This Cod Liver Oil played an important role in how I balanced my hormones and is one of the main supplements I take right now to prepare my body for conception. Remember not oil fish oil is beneficial- most do more harm than good! More on that here.
Gelatin and collagen make up almost one-third of all the protein in the human body and not having enough of it affects our joints, our skin, gut, hair, and nails. It contains the amino acids, glycine and proline which aids your liver in removing toxins from your body.
Gelatin and collagen have even been called the ultimate beauty food because it is one of the best things to eat to prevent and treat wrinkles, stretch marks, and joint pain as well as strengthen and lengthen your hair skin and nails because of the collagen and amino acid content.
The unique properties found in coconut oil make it amazing for hormonal balance and glowing skin.
- Speeds Up Metabolism: The medium chain saturated fats in coconut oil are scientifically proven to speed up the fat burning process in our body which is called thermogenesis.
These fats go strait to the liver and are converted to energy, not stored as fat.
- Nourished Skin and Hair: The lauric acid and medium chained saturated fats in coconut oil encourage cell renewal and repair making it an excellent food to support healthy hair and skin.
- Balanced Hormones: Coconut Oil is amazing for hormone health. It provides the necessary building blocks for hormone production and reduces inflammation in the body.
The cholesterol in coconut oil is needed for formation of healthy cell membranes and is a precursor to all important hormones like progesterone, estrogen, and FSH. We cannot have proper hormonal balance without adequate amounts of saturated fats. It also nourishes the thyroid.
Cultured Vegetables and Liquids
- Cultured Vegetables detoxify the body of excess hormones- like estrogen. A build up of estrogen is one of the main reasons for PMS and hormonal imbalances.
- The detoxify your body from environmental toxins, toxins in food, and toxins in personal care products.
- The good bacteria in these veggies protect your body from bad bacteria and viruses.
- They help you absorb and use the nutrients you are eating from your food.
- The healthier your gut and the bacteria inside of you, the healthier your body, skin, mood, and life will be!
Body Ecology Products are my go-to for fermented liquids, greens powders, and starter cultures. I love these specifically because they are therapeutic grade probiotics and supplements that have made the biggest difference in my skin and hormones. Many supplements are hard to feel a difference, but these are one of the few that I can.
Essential oils are amazing for skin and overall health.
- I love using them as my skincare because of the healing and cell renewing properties they contain. Best for glowing skin and sun damage repair.
- I love diffusing them to cleanse the air and strengthen my immune system. I also love diffusing lemon and peppermint for a mood and energy boost.
- I love taking them internally for the cleansing and healing properties they contain. I put lemon or grapefruit in my smoothie every morning, and I take either OnGuard or frankincense in water every day. Amazing at detoxifying the body, killing bad bacteria and viruses, and full of antioxidants and other powerful compounds that provide beauty and heath from the inside out.
How do you incorporate all of these amazing foods into your daily lifestyle?
My favorite thing to do is make a morning smoothie full of all of them.
- First thing in the morning, drink 20-30 ounces of water to cleanse the body of the toxins that have accumulated over the night.
- Take a teaspoon of cod liver oil
- Make a smoothie with a handful of greens, a cup of berries, 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil, 1 scoop collagen, a probiotic protein powder, and a drop of lemon essential oil.
BAM! Now you have just consumed ALL of these healing, body transforming foods in just a few minutes. Talk about an amazing way to start your day!