How This Nourishes Your Body
I love getting turmeric in my diet in any way I can! These Coconut Turmeric cups are an amazing dessert.
I wrote all about the healing and incredible benefits of turmeric here.
Even if you do not like the taste of turmeric, these are great to throw into a smoothie and will blend nicely with other flavors.
Combining turmeric with coconut, black pepper, and lemon juice allows the healing properties to get absorbed and into every cell of your body. . . this is one healing bite!
Notes for Turmeric Coconut Cream Cups
Can also use 2 tablespoons of raw, local honey or grade B maple syrup or 1 tbsp of xylitol if you don’t want to use stevia.
- Melt butter or ghee on low and mix in the turmeric and black pepper- stir until well combined. This makes a turmeric liquid
- Place shredded coconut, coconut butter, lemon juice and stevia into a food processor and blend until well mixed.
- Use spoon to scoop out about 2 tbsps worth of coconut mixture and place into silicone or regular muffin liners.
- Use a spoon again to scoop out about 1 tablespoon of turmeric liquid and pour onto your coconut cups until the coconut is completely covered. Repeat on all your coconut cups.
- Place in freezer for about 20 minutes or until coconut is frozen.
- Keep in fridge.