How This Nourishes Your Body
I love the seasons changing, and my body starting to crave more raw veggies after coming out of the cold winter months. These Spring Rolls are a perfect lunch or side dish that can be filled with many different protein options. I love stuffing them with salmon, or even chicken. You can also just keep them simply filled with veggies.
I got my rice paper from whole foods and it was made from a combination of cassava flour and organic white rice and loved the taste!
Almond butter dipping sauce for Spring Rolls:
- 1/3 cup organic almond butter
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 3 tsp. coconut aminos (or high-quality soy sauce)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 2 Tbsp. water
- juice of 1 lime (approx. 3 Tbsp.)
- pinch of crushed chilies
1. Whisk all ingredients together in small bowl until smooth or I like to blend it all together in a magic bullet. Add more water to thin. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Slice Veggies into match-sticks, and slice avocado.
2. Soak rice paper in warm water according to your individual packages instructions. (each one is different).
3. Place 1-2 slices of each veggie and protein towards the bottom. Fold ends in and roll tightly to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
4. Make the dipping sauce! Enjoy!