How This Nourishes Your Body
I used to love those peppermint patties that I would get almost every time I went to my grandma’s house. These Gluten Free Peppermint Cookies are a little re-make of those, with upgraded ingredients.
Notes for Gluten Free Peppermint Cookies
- You can also use peppermint extract if you do not have peppermint essential oil
- Use any chocolate you like… I use enjoy life dairy and soy free chocolate chips, or just a bar of good quality delicious dark chocolate.
- If you want to make a bigger batch to last longer, double this recipe (to make about 12-13 cookies)
- In a bowl, combine coconut oil, maple/honey, and peppermint EO, Mash clumps of coconut oil against side of bowl until mixture is smooth. If your coconut oil is rock hard, you can warm is in a pan over low heat.
- Place mixture in fridge for a few minutes until it starts to harden, then remove.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the mixture at a time and form into little balls and place onto a parchment paper lined plate.
- Place plate in freezer to firm up batter, when firm, remove
- Squish balls down into flat little patties on parchment paper (as thick or thin as you would like, I like them thicker)
- Melt chocolate over very low heat; I like to add 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil to the chocolate mixture to allow it to melt better and to have more chocolate.
- Allow chocolate to cool.
- Dip patties into melted chocolate. You can use a spoon to drop patty into melted chocolate
- Place patties on parchment paper to harden and place in freezer for 7-15 minutes