How This Nourishes Your Body
I love a good Chia Seed Breakfast Bowl.
I have been such a fan of breakfast bowls lately. Smoothie bowls, chia bowls, and kefir bowls with fruit, nuts, cinnamon and coconut flakes. This Mint Chocolate Chia Seed Breakfast Bowl one is perfect to enjoy for a dessert or breakfast and you can change it up in so many different ways!
Notes for Chia Seed Breakfast Bowl
1. You can use more/less chia seeds depending on how thick you like your pudding
2. You can add a teaspoon of cacao powder or top with cacao nibs for the chocolate taste.
3. You can use any sweetener you would like: stevia, raw honey etc.
4. The color of your pudding will be different depending on kind of spirulina you have.
5. I like making this in a mason jar to store and then scoop some of it into my morning smoothie.
6. Top with coconut flakes, fruit, cacao nibs.
7. If I am having this for breakfast, I like to add quality protein powder to make it a great start to the day.
These are the protein powders I love:
- Bone Broth Protein Powder
- pure whey protein
- Body Ecology Superfoods fermented pea protein with veggie blend
- pea protein
This serves 2-3.
1. Blend or stir coconut milk, stevia, spirulina, protein powder, mint, vanilla.
2. Pour into the bowl or container you are going to store it in.
3. Stir in chia seeds and let sit in fridge for 20-30 minutes.
4. Top with cacao, coconut flakes, or fruit.