How This Nourishes Your Body
Flour-less Recipe: Breakfast Biscotti
I love a good Flour-less Recipe. These are the perfect tea time or party treat. They go perfectly with coffee or tea and they are sugar and gluten free making them hormone and mood supportive, which is what I am all about!
I love making a big batch of these to keep on hand for a side at any meal or a snack that is full of healthy fats and protein.
This recipe was adapted from this purely twins recipe.
Notes for Flour-less Recipe
1. You can do 1-2 tablespoons honey or for a sugar-free version, add 2-3 tablespoon my favorite monk fruit sweetener – amazing replacement for regular sugar! Looks and tastes like sugar while being completely sugar-free and actually healthy!
2. You can use any kind of nut or seed flour. I used a combination of sunflower and pumpkin seeds. You simply blend the seeds in a blender or coffee grinder until flour forms.
3. I usually use 1/2 cup sprouted sunflower seeds and 1/2 cup sprouted pumpkin seeds. I love the Go-Raw sprouted pumpkin and sprouted sunflower seeds because it saves you from having to soak and sprout the seeds yourself. Why do you want to only eat nuts and seeds that are sprouted?! Because when they are not sprouted, the outer layer contains phytic acid which blocks the body’s ability so absorb minerals and is really hard on your digestive system. Learn how to sprout nuts and seeds here.
3. Feel free to add in dark chocolate chips or cacao powder or 1 tablespoon chia seed.
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Make flour by grinding sunflower seeds(or whatever nut or seed) in a coffee grinder until four forms.
3. Place all the ingredients, except water, into a food processor. Pulse together. Add water if needed.
4. You want the batter to form a ball.
5. Place batter onto a parchment paper.
6. Using your hands mold into a long log shape.
7. Slice and place slices onto cookie tray.
8. Bake in oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until golden brown.