How This Nourishes Your Body
Garlic Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potato fries are such a great side to any dinner, and the whole family will love them. The will please even the pickiest of eaters and are a healthy alternative to traditional french fries that are made with toxic vegetable oils which are highly inflammatory to the entire body.
Notes for Sweet Potato Fries
1. You can flavor these in so any ways. If you want a sweeter version, try cinnamon and a little nutmeg.
2. The thinner you cut the sweet potato, the more crispy they will be.
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Cut sweet potato in the size fries you wish. Easiest to do by cutting it half lengthwise and continue to do so with each piece.
2. In a medium bowl, toss sweet potatoes with butter or coconut oil, salt, garlic powder and chipotle chile powder to taste. I like using 1/2 teaspoon of garlic and chipotle and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt.
3. Spread potatoes on a baking sheet. Avoid crowding so potatoes get crisp. Bake 15 minutes. Turn and bake an additional 15 minutes or so. Ovens may vary so keep an eye on them and be sure to cut all the potatoes the same size to ensure even cooking.