How This Nourishes Your Body
Healthy oreos? Yes! Chocolate + coconut is my favorite combination of all time. For a sugar free, low carb, grain free cookie- these are my favorite! They are filled with healthy fats that boost metabolism, fuel your brain, and your hormones. These will give you clean energy for the day! Perfect to have for breakfast if you are running short on time!
Notes for Healthy Oreos
- The texture of the cookie batter could be different depending on a few factors:
- Your almond butter could be on the thick side or runny.
- Protein powders can have different textures.
- If you use maple syrup instead of stevia.
- To fix this- if your batter is too runny- add more protein powder or almond butter. If batter is too dry, add more melted coconut oil or maple syrup. Play around until the batter taste and is a good texture to make the cookies. They will harden in the fridge, so do not worry if the batter is sticky/wet.
- You can also add in some collagen! Why not?! You get a great nutritional boost and healing amino acids while eating chocolate!
- I love using this cacao powder
- You can also add a drop of peppermint essential oil!
Recipe Cooking Instructions
- In a large bowl, place protein powder and cacao powder and mix
- Add in your sweetener. I used liquid stevia, but if you wanted to use another sweetener like maple syrup or honey, you can adjust your wet ingredients, either by omitting the coconut oil or reducing the almond butter, or both.
- Next add in your coconut oil and almond butter.
- Mix together until batter forms. Add more protein powder if too runny, and more coconut oil or maple syrup if too dry.
- Either place batter in a mini muffin tin lined with parchment paper to form cookie shape or form by hand by place drops of batter on parchment paper and pressing down by hand to form the size of cookie you would like
- Set in fridge or freezer to harden
- Make filling my mixing coconut butter with sweetener of choice in bowl- a few drops of stevia OR 1 tablespoon maple syrup.
- Place filling on cookies and top with cookie.
- Enjoy! Keep in refrigerator.