How This Nourishes Your Body
Breakfast? Quick snack? This is a Homemade Granola is a great go-to to have on hand! You can eat it like a trail mix, or pour your milk of choice to enjoy a nice cereal.
Unlike processed cereals/granola- this recipe contains fresh, whole food ingredients that provide a variety of nutrients in every bowl. The different nuts are loaded with clean protein, nourishing fat, and trace minerals for building healthy muscle and stabilizing blood sugar levels. The coconut flakes/oil is amazing for balancing hormones, speeding up metabolism, and keeping you satiated for long periods of time. The goji berries are loaded with antioxidants that are powerful at preventing numerous disease and disorders.
Side Notes for Homemade Granola
1. You can use gluten free rolled oats or choose to omit them to make it paleo, and just add more of the nut mixture.
**For optimal nutrition, it is best to soak the nuts and oats before using them,
2. For added sweetness, add more honey/coconut sugar/maple syrup
3. The baking time is dependent on how crunchy you want the granola to be. Personally, I like it lightly baked- others like it nice and crisp. Play around to find your sweet spot!
Recipe Cooking Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 300F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Chop almonds and walnuts and mix with coconut,oats, berries, and seeds in large bowl. Add cinnamon and stir to coat.
3. Melt coconut oil and honey on low heat on the stovetop.
4. Pour coconut oil mixture over nuts and seeds. Stir to coat. *If it looks too dry, add more until well coated* Pour out onto prepared baking sheet and spread out evenly.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool completely in pan and add goji berries and extra coconut flakes if desired.
6. Pour into a plastic container or bag for storage.