How This Nourishes Your Body
Paleo Chocolate Cake
An amazing recipe from our fitness expert, Ellie Reagan! She made this paleo chocolate cake for her son’s first birthday and it was a smash!
When I say I’ve been making this every week since my son turned 1, I mean I’ve literally been making it every week. Of course, I wanted to make his cake myself…I am thoroughly enjoying this stage of him having very little opinion on what he eats, because I know it surely won’t last long. But I also know that introducing good wholesome foods at a young age will go a long way in setting him up to be a good eater down the road. Call this Paleo, call it Wholesome, call it delicious. It’s been husband and family approved!
Notes for Paleo Chocolate Cake
Notes for Avocado Chocolate Frosting
I am unashamedly that girl at the restaurant who brings her own avocado. Now that I’m a mom, I am even more likely to have an avocado in my bag. Avocados not only pack a powerful nutritional punch, but they have great texture and consistency to sneak in to just about everything…including dessert. Don’t write this off until you try it – I’ve fooled many unhealthy eaters with this trick:)
Instructions for Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix wet and dry ingredients separately
- Combined wet and dry ingredients (coconut flour can be very stubborn and hard to mix, you may use a blender or food processor but only blend until mixed and don’t overdo it)
- Grease a large pan (9×13), or two small pans, and pour batter in
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (25-30 minutes if using smaller pans) – or until toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool and top with Paleo Chocolate Frosting
Instructions for Avocado Frosting
- Mix all ingredients in food processor, serve immediately.
- Stores well in the fridge for up to a week.
- Make sure your cake or dessert is cool before applying.