How This Nourishes Your Body
Sugar free, gluten free, dairy free chocolate chip cookies.
These taste like those tasty chips ahoy devils.
There is no doubt that coconut flour can be tricky to bake with. Yet, despite my many disasters experimenting with it- I keep coming back for more. I blame my obsession with anything coconut.
Cakes and fluffy treats seem to turn our better using this flour, but I was determined to make cookies with it. I have tried many recipes, and this one seemed to stick with me. Inspired at http://purelytwins.com/- I have found that combining coconut flour with arrowroot starch produces the best texture in coconut flour recipes.
This is a cookie I can eat, and eat, and eat some more, knowing the ingredients are working with my body instead of causing a mess within it. I avoid gluten, so baked goods are sometimes a challenge- but these babies are gluten free and sweetened with raw honey. Try to actually bake the cookies without eating the batter…easier said than done, I know this.
Now we know sugar is the enemy, witch is why I use raw honey as a natural sweetener in almost all of my baked goods. Check out what this sweet food has to offer. . .
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients and chocolate chips
3. Add in your liquid butter, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, and honey
4. Now if you need to, add either more water, coconut oil, or honey until the batter begins to stick together. You want it to be thick.
5. Scoop onto cookie sheet and bake for 14-16 minutes
Cool before removing, and enjoy!