How This Nourishes Your Body
Basic Chicken Stock
“A cure-all in traditional households and the magic ingredient in classic gourmet cuisine, chicken stock or broth made from bones of chicken, fish and beef builds strong bones, assuages sore throats, nurtures the sick, puts vigor in the step and sparkle in love life–so say grandmothers, midwives and healers.”
Making your own chicken stock is so easy and nice to have on hand for numerous amazing recipes. You can make a big batch and store left over stock in the freezer to use when needed.
When you consume homemade stock you are loading your body with:
6. trace minerals
7. Glycine and proline, important amino acids
All of these nutrients are essential for healthy skin. The more broth you consume, the more you will see your skin transform into something beautiful!
Read more about the benefits of bone broths and stocks here.
1. Place chicken and pieces in a pot with cold water, vinegar and all vegetables except parsley.
2. Bring slowly to a boil, and remove scum that rises to the top.
3. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 6 to 8 hours. Cooking longer will give a richer and more flavorful broth.
4. About 10 minutes before finishing cooking, add parsley.
5. Remove whole chicken or pieces with a slotted spoon, reserving the meat for other use.
6. Strain the stock into a large bowl and refrigerate until the fat rises to the top and congeals.
7. Skim off the fat and keep stock in the refrigerator or freezer for future use.
1. Place all of the above ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low heat for 8 -10 hours.
You can post first response comment.