How This Nourishes Your Body
Coconut Flour Muffins are a great way to have muffins without the guilt, sugar, or heavy carbs. The smell of these filling up your house, bringing you back to the malls sticky bun station. These are an awesome dessert, especially paired with my blender coconut ice cream recipe.
Notes for Coconut Flour Muffins
- The coconut milk frosting is optional, however delicious nonetheless. Make this by simply putting a can of full fat coconut milk in the fridge for a couple of hours or over night. Open and scoop out all of the solid cream. Add in sweetener of your choice, I like a few drops of stevia and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Sometimes I add nothing at all- and it still tastes amazing as a topping.
- Store in fridge until ready to top the muffins.
Recipe Cooking Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Grease muffin pan.
- Make the liquid topping by melting butter in pan and then add the cinnamon and honey.
- For the muffins, combine coconut flour, baking soda, and salt and blend well.
- Add the eggs, milk, and honey to the dry mixture and blend well by hand, or use a mixer or food processor. Let the batter sit for a few minutes to allow the coconut flour to absorb the moisture.
- Use half of the batter, and fill muffin pan about 1/4 full.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of topping over each muffin and then top off each muffin with the rest of the batter.
- Drizzle the remaining topping over each muffin.
- Bake for about 24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool and top with frosting.